OsseoTi Porous Metal Technology features:
- A porous architecture that has demonstrated excellent
integration with host bone as early as 4 weeks in an animal
- Architecture directly mimics the structure
of human cancellous bone
- Porosity of approximately 70%
- Average pore size of 475 microns, which facilitates cell
migration, vascularization, and tissue ingrowth1*
- Material strength between that of cancellous and cortical bone,
which facilitates biologic fixation and loading of surrounding
*Animal studies are not necessarily indicative of clinical performance?
Zimmer Biomet’s OsseoTi? Porous Metal Technology is made
from the highly biocompatible Ti6A14V alloy material that has
excellent corrosion resistance and a proven history of clinical
success.3,4?Mimicking the porous structure of human
cancellous bone, the physical properties of OsseoTi Porous Metal are
designed for the potential of bone integration.5?This
porous metal structure facilitates tissue ingrowth and remodeling,
vascularization, and very close attachment between bone and the metal.
Zimmer Biomet’s OsseoTi Porous Metal Technology has the potential to
facilitate bone integration for orthopedic devices.